Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What do caterpillars think about?

I wasn't planning to post two Francis Chan Videos in a row, but youtube suggested this one to me since I'd checked out that balance beam clip. But this one struck me because it corresponds directly to a part in Chan's book-Forgotten God- that I just recently picked up. Forgotten God is a great book about the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the Christian, and how most Christians are tragically missing out on the closeness and power that we should be experiencing in our walk with God.

Just today, after lunch, I had my friend Larry read page 36.

He starts off with this: "Years ago, when a random thought came into my head, I decided to share it with my wife 'Have you ever wondered what caterpillars think about?' Not surprisingly, she said, "No."
(click play.)



He goes on: "As [Christians], we ought to experience this same kind of astonishment when the Holy Spirit enters our bodies. We should be stunned in disbelief over becoming a "new creation" with the Spirit living in us.......I want to be different today from what I was yesterday as the fruit of the Spirit becomes more manifest in me."

No comments:

Post a Comment